- Universarium, 2003
Advisory Board Member
- WISE Biodiesel Cooperative, Victoria, 2003
Advisory Board Member
- The Findhorn Foundation, Scotland, 2003
- 101 Ways to Stop the War on Iraq, 2003
Development of the website www.earthfuture.com/stopthewar 700,000 hits during March and April.
- Cedar Corner Organic Restaurant, Tofino, 2002-3
Green building consultant on a 9500 sq ft, LEED registered organic restaurant building in Tofino, Vancouver Island, with Tofino Community Investments. Completion on hold. www.cedarcorner.com
- Playa La Paz, Mexico, 2002
Environmental consultancy on a proposed new eco-resort on the Baja Peninsula.
- Ontario Tour, 2001
10-day climate change speaking and media tour of Ontario
- South Highlands Eco-Industrial Park, 2001
Facilitated the development of a plan for the eco-development of the southern area of the District of Highlands, near Victoria, working with the Highlands Community Residents Association.
- Vancouver Island: The Ideal Location for a Centre for Sustainable Technology, 2000
Vision Paper by Guy Dauncey and Vern Rogers, for BC Building Corporation.
- A Highlands Sustainable Technologies Park, 2000
Vision paper for the South Highlands Planning and Land-Use Group.
- Hot Springs Cove, 2000-2001
Consultant to Hot Springs Holdings Ltd. in the successful planning and rezoning of a 50-unit summer wilderness eco-retreat centre in Clayoquot Sound.
- The Street Volunteers, 1999
Founder and Director of The Street Volunteers, a United Way program that trained people to establish Street Circles, building community resilience.
- Journey into the Future : Vancouver Island in the 21st Century, 1998
Producer and presenter of a 5-part public lecture series at the Kaleidoscope Playhouse, Victoria
- Talking Cedars, Tofino, British Columbia, 1998-2000
Lead consultant in plans for a 46-unit car-free, passive solar, ecologically designed cohousing ecovillage at Tofino, on the west coast of Vancouver Island.
- Turning Down the Heat, 1998-99
Researcher and Production Assistant for Jim Hamm Productions on 'Turning Down the Heat : The New Energy Revolution' for The Nature of Things (CBC TV) April 1999, addressing global solutions to climate change. Earth Vision '99 Award, Santa Cruz. Honorable Mention at Worthington - Columbus International Film & Video Festival. Selected for screening at the Planet In Focus Festival (Toronto), Global Visions Festival (Edmonton), and the Hazel Wolf Environmental Film Festival (Leavenworth).
- Turning Down the Heat Web Page, 1999
A website on global solutions to climate change, accompanying the CBC film 'Turning Down the Heat'.
- Overcoming the Barriers to Sustainable Real Estate Development in Canada, 1998-99
6-month project for CHMC, in partnership with Peck & Associates, Toronto.
- Royal Oak Design Charrette, Saanich, 1998
Participant in sustainable redesign of a heritage building and dysfunctional suburban centre.
- South East False Creek, Vancouver, 1997-98
Member of the Sheltair Scientific Team, working with Vancouver City Council and Planning Department to develop parameters & performance targets leading to the development of the 80 acre city-centre South East False Creek lands as a model of urban sustainability.
- Victoria Car-Share Co-operative, 1996-97
Co-founder of the 140-member Victoria Car-Share Co-operative. Overall responsibility for bringing the concept to Victoria and steering it to a successful launch in February 1997.
- Civano, Tucson, Arizona, 1995-1996
Consultant to the Trust for Sustainable Development on the development of Civano, Tucson, Arizona, as an eco-community/solar village for 5,000 people.
- Bamberton, Vancouver Island, 1991-1994
Consultant to South Island Development Corp on the development of the proposed new town of Bamberton, a $1billion project to create an ecologically sustainable town for 12,000 people, over 20 years. Subsequently shelved.
- Co-organizer, Victoria Green Pages, 1998.
Internet site for environmental organizations in Greater Victoria,
- YES ! Magazine, A Journal of Positive Futures, Bainbridge Island, WA
- The Natural House Catalog by David Pearson, Fireside Book, 1996
- City of Victoria Environment Advisory Committee, 1990-1994
Member and Chair. Co-authored set of Environmental Development Standards for the City (not adopted),
- Co-founder of Voters for a Responsible Community, 1990
Publishing the social, economic and environmental attitudes of 70 candidates for municipal office in Greater Victoria, Canada,
- Co-founder, UK Social Investment Forum, 1990
Coordinating professionals in socially responsible finance.
- Consultant to HFC Bank Inc.1989
Consulting on on social and environmental responsibility in banking,
- Consultant to Sustainability Ltd.,1989.
Developing an environmental audit framework for British Telecom, UK (100,000 employees),
- Ma Mawi Native Youth Project, Winnipeg
Community economic development leadership training.
- Native Indian youth exchange trip to Britain, 1987
- Lecturer, University of Manitoba, 1987
Speaking on community economic development,
- Winnipeg Social Planning Council, 1987
Community economic development workshop series.
- Travels in China, 1986
- Lecture tour of Canada, 1985
Organized by SPARC of BC.
- Co-founder, British Unemployment Resource Network, 1981-1984
- Co-founder, UK Education for Enterprise Network, 1981
- Research, writing and lecturing, 1971-1977
Focusing on the evolution of consciousness.
- Lecturer in community colleges and adult education, 1971-1975
- Travels in West Africa, 1971
Crossing the Sahara, living in a Senegalese village.
- Travels overland throughout India, 1968-9
With the Gandhian village development movement.
- Sociology BA, Nottingham University, 1966 – 1970
- Dorset County Athletics Championship, 1963
Winner, Under 16s 440 yards